Thursday, February 24, 2011
Oh my, how pleasantly surprised I was when I saw that Miss Dee so generously bestowed upon me a Stylish Blogger award! I feel so honored.
And now, for seven facts about me!
1. I am in love with film noir. Though I'm generally a positive person, I just love the dark, often tragic themes, the mysterious plots, romantic intrigue, and the shadowy photography.
2. I love perfume. Smelling it, wearing it, and--yes, making it! It's fascinating how many different fragrance combinations there are. And in terms of aromatherapy, it's interesting how certain scents can affect our moods and emotions.
3. I used to be really into 1960s/1970s fashion. One day (okay, it took a bit longer than that), I looked at myself, my personality, and said, "What the hell am I doing? This is okay--but not for me. Not anymore."
4. My love of 1930s and 1940s style comes from my grandmother. Around the time my grandfather died, I missed him a lot and started listening to Glenn Miller, whom he really admired. That somehow got me started on the clothing of the era, and my grandmother was a big inspiration toward that, too. After I got a taste of the '40s...I never went back, ha, ha!
5. I absolutely adore dramatic piano music. Chopin is my favorite, along with Rachmaninov, Beethoven, and Scriabin.
6. I really love trees, and just plants in general. Their characteristics are fascinating and they're fun to learn about, not to mention just beautiful!
7. Dangle earrings are something I absolutely adore! They make me feel extra sassy and quite alluring as they swing and bump against my skin, and twinkle in the light. :3
And I now bestow the Stylish Blogger Award to the following seven blogs:
Silly me observing
In The Pursuit Of Happy-Ness
Penny Dreadful Vintage
Geninne's Art Blog
Here's what to do:
-Post a link to the person who gave you the award.
-List seven facts about yourself.
-Pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to seven other blogs.