Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting Glossy

Once obsessed with lip glosses in high school, I now tend to shy away from them, mainly because of the greasy-lipped look some of them give.  I don't care for clear or sheer gloss, but...opaque, highly pigmented gloss...Now, there's a thought.

Go to your local store and browse professional lip glosses.  Mineral oil...petroleum...Synthetic oils...Not to mention glitter that might come from who-knows-where!

Glitter was invented in 1930s by Max Factor, and was first available commercially in 1932.  I keep forgetting that!  Lip gloss just seems so...more like something from the 1970s.  But, take a look at the lips of some '30s actresses--glossy!


Jean Harlow with glossy lips.


I make lip glosses and lip rouges--why not lip glosses?  Well, now I've started!

'Ava' lip gloss!  Contains castor oil, shea butter, beeswax, carmine, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, kaolin clay, glycerin, essential oils of lemon and orange.  ♥


I'm also working on a Halloween collection of cosmetics; glittery lip glosses and eyeshadows.  The best spot to see these is on my Facebook page, Eliza Fragrances & Cosmetics.

As for the Tumblr I started...I think I like Blogger better than Tumblr!  :0

1 comment: