Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Exploring 1930s Looks

More preparations for 1930s Night, this Saturday! I tried this hairstyle, after seeing an excellent video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVjSeCZlm1A&feature=PlayList&p=11BBD0089E702196&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2)

Pretty okay, but I think I need more practice.


I looked through my grandmother's yearbooks for fashion ideas. It looks like v-neck sweaters and cardigans, paired with dress shirts, were in style for men.
1938; my grandmother is the first girl on the left.


1939; Grandmother is in the middle, looking more confident, and so fresh-faced and pretty!

These aren't the greatest photos for detail, but I'm hoping that they will help to guide my guests toward a style they can wear on Saturday evening.

3 comments:

  1. Still, like the picture of you. Old pictures are so much fun. I have pictures of my grand grand mother when she was a young girl. And they are from the beguining of the 20th century! And some are perhaps from 19th... All the dresses she were, oh, they are something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE old pictures! I am very grateful to have my grandmother's and grandfather's photos. I'll probably dig through them all and post more to help with the vintage style inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old pictures are quite inspirable. Especially with stories. Even though people may look like a bit too dull, still they speak a lot with their faces.

    ReplyDelete